Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Naming of Cactus Eyed Joe - Part Two

So picture me attempting me to shape a spindly under watered mulberry tree a year before BRAN 24. I had harvested the mulberry from somewhere it had been happily growing after a bird deposited its seed in the soil. I transferred it to a cute little square ceramic bonsai pot. The tree had survived a winter indoors with me which is no small feat. I had just moved all my house plants outside on my old trailer's porch and was sitting clipping off some small branches with a clipper. I finished clipping, turned sat down the clippers down behind me. I put the tree and pot back in its place on the porch started packing up my tools. For some reason when I was finished cleaning up I went back to look at the mulberry. I bent over and reached down to get the tree and the pot. There was a branch that was pointing in a way that I was unable to see because it poked me right in the eye. It was one of the branches that I had just trimmed so the point was nice and sharp.

No comments: